The Authentic Italian Table brings Emilia Romagna to Dundas, Beamsville and Toronto
(TORONTO, June 3, 2019) – Presented by the Italian Chamber of Commerce of Ontario (ICCO), The Authentic Italian Table regional tasting dinners are taking place in Dundas, Beamsville, and Toronto this year from Wednesday, June 5 to Monday, June 17. These cities are among nine North American stops for The Authentic Italian Table, including Montreal, Vancouver, New York, Miami, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles and Mexico City. The Authentic Italian Table is part of a series of initiatives under the third annual True Italian Taste project, highlighting authentic Italian products with DOP (Protected Designation of Origin), IGP (Protected Geographical Indication) and DOC (Controlled Designation of Origin) designations. The True Italian Taste project will culminate in November with the fourth edition of CENTItalia, a week-long collaboration between the Italian Chamber of Commerce of Ontario and Centennial College School of Culinary Arts.
The Authentic Italian Table will deliver experiences crafted by acclaimed local chefs Fraser Macfarlane, Michael Russell, Andrew Thorne, Roberto Fracchioni, and special guest chef Carla Brigliadori of Casa Artusi. From April 3 to 10, 2019, these chefs embarked on an educational tour of Italy’s Emilia Romagna region, wherein the rich, historic, gastronomic culture originates
Casa Artusi was founded in 2007, in honour of Pellegrino Artusi, a celebrated gastronomer and renowned raconteur who authored ‘La scienza in cucina e l’arte di mangier bene’, credited as the most significant modern Italian cookbook to date. Casa Artusi, located in Emilia Romagna, is the first institution exclusively dedicated to preserving Italian wine-making and culinary traditions. Many Italian staples originate from this region and it remains an integral producer of authentic Italian products enjoyed worldwide including, Parmigiano Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma, Aceto Balsamico di Reggio Emilia and Mortadella di Bologna.
“The Authentic Italian Table”, in collaboration with Casa Artusi allows guests to experience the rich flavours of Italy, ” explains Corrado Paina, executive director, ICCO. “Our goal is to highlight DOP, IGP, and DOC designations to help home chefs identify authentic ingredients and use them in their own kitchens.”
“Our aim is to help Canadians identify authentic Italian products, as well as experience the very best expressions of how to use them.” explains Corrado Paina, Executive Director, ICCO. “True Italian taste is about awakening your palate to the heritage flavours of Italy. At the grocery store, always check labels and look for the DOP (Protected Designation of Origin), IGP (Protected Geographical Indication), and DOC (Controlled Designation of Origin) designations.”
For media accreditation, contact MATTE PR to RSVP to any of the following dinners. Seating is limited.
- Quatrefoil Restaurant, 16 Sydenham St., Dundas, ON L9H 2T4
- Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
- With chef Fraser Macfarlane
- This event is sold out. Media accreditation is at capacity.
- Royal Canadian Yacht Club, Island Clubhouse, 141 St. George St., Toronto, ON M5R 2L8
- Friday, June 7, 2019. Cocktails at 6:30 p.m., dinner at 7:15 p.m.
- With chef Michael Russell
- This event is for RCYC members only. Limited tickets for media available.
- The Good Earth Food and Wine Co., 4556 Lincoln Ave., Beamsville, ON L0R 1B3
- Saturday, June 8, 2019. Welcome reception at 6:00 p.m., dinner at 6:45 p.m.
- With chef Andrew Thorne
- This event is sold out. Limited tickets for media available.
- The Local Restaurant, Centennial College, 937 Progress Ave., Toronto, ON, M1G 3T8
- Monday, June 17, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
- With chefs Roberto Fracchioni (Centennial College), Fraser Macfarlane (Quatrefoil), Michael Russell (Royal Canadian Yacht Club), Andrew Thorne (The Good Earth Food and Wine Co.), and Centennial College students along with special guest chef Carla Brigliadori (Casa Artusi)
- General public tickets include a 5-course dinner for $50 (+HST) or 5-course dinner paired with wine for $75 (+HST). For tickets please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited tickets for media available.
THE EXTRAORDINARY ITALIAN TASTE
The Extraordinary Italian Taste program champions authentic, made in Italy products by highlighting the designations, traceability, quality control, and certifications, inherent to all bonafide Italian goods. The program is mandated and supported by the Italian Ministry of Economic Development and is being executed in North America by nine Italian Chambers of Commerce. Its goal is to educate Canadian consumers on how to identify and appreciate an authentic Italian product to help them make informed purchases and experience the inimitable quality of Italian food exports, introducing them to True Italian Taste.
ITALIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF ONTARIO
Since it was founded in 1961, the Italian Chamber of Commerce of Ontario (ICCO), has been a facilitator of business, a seeker of investment, and a builder of commercial relationships. The ICCO is an independent, non-profit organization whose aim is to enhance and promote investments, business, trade and cultural relations between Canada and Italy. For more information visit www.italchambers.ca.
Ellyssa Gandhi, Consultant
O: (416) 515-7667 | C: (647) 458-0597
Heidi Ruggier, President
O: (416) 515-7667 | C: (416) 453-9556